Saturday, February 9, 2008

Grocery Shopping With A 5 Year Old!

Today my husband, my 5 year old grandson and I went out to eat supper. On the way to the restaurant my grandson said that his tummy was growling and he needed to feed it. About every 5 minutes he was asking if we were almost there. I should have realized that was a clue as to how he was going to act at the store...very talkative and antsy. Well we got to the restaurant, he got himself some mashed potatoes and mac and cheese, nothing else. He ate half it and said he was full and wanted dessert. They even had cheese pizza but he didn't want it. After we left the restaurant we went to the grocery. In the first store he talked the whole time and wanted to know when we were going to WalMart because he wanted a toy. Got to WalMart and he was anxious for us to finish shopping so we could go to toys because he didn't want them to run out of toys. And this is from a kid who got a lot of nice things at Christmas. So we finally get to the toy section and he finds a pirate ship he wants. Into the basket it went. Then I had to get some material to make my granddaughter a snugglie for her first birthday. I got her teddy bear material for the front and purple flannel for the back. Now I just have to get it done before Feb 22nd.(lol) By this time Mr. Antsy was ready to go. He wanted to go home and play. He is now in the tub, very quiet, and playing with his pirate ship. Thank goodness for a few minutes of peace and quiet.

No comments: