Thursday, January 31, 2008

Old Man Winter Is Getting Ready To Rear His Ugly Head

Yep! We are under a "Winter Storm Warning" from 7pm tonight until 7 pm tomorrow. When I came in from work it was just a watch but they upgraded it to a warning. Rain, sleet, ice and snow....3-5 inches. YUK!!!! I have to work until 11 pm tonight so hopefully it won't be to bad. If it is, I'll just inch my way home...all 6 miles of it. I am off Friday so I can just sit inside and watch the snow. On Wednesday we had a wide array of weather, from rain to snow, including a tornado sighting and touch down in a small town about 10 miles from where I live. Went to work at 4 pm and it was in the lower 50's and when I left work around 12:45 am it was in the teens with a wind chill of minus 3 and snow flurries. See...I told you that Indiana weather was weird.

Update on my grandson: Took him to the doctor Tuesday and it turns out that he didn't have chickenpox. The rash was due to a viral infection in his body from the cold that he was getting. The doctor checked him for strep infection but luckily he didn't have that. He did have a slight weezing in his right lung so it was breathing treatments for 4 days. He is feeling better now. Today was his first day back at school. With the bitter cold I kept him home yesterday. He is feeling better because he is not as crabby and whinny as he was over the weekend.

Well I am going to take advantage of the peace and quiet and get some work done, both online and around the house. I am getting ready to start a new blog. It is called Your Sweet Tooth and will feature recipes that will satisfy that sweet tooth. You can check it out at http://your-sweet-tooth.blogspot.com

Have a great day....and try to stay warm.

1 comment:

Marla said...

Hello Pat,

I hope you are staying warm. We got the snow, Plus icy stuff though out the night on 1/31/2008 into 2/1/2008 not as much as was predicted...

Just wanted to say Hello to a friend..

Marla
Oh and you have been tagged visit http://marlasfunstuff.blogspot.com for the rules.....Love ya...my Indiana friend....LOL....